Prof. Renu John holds a PhD (2006) in Physics (Optics) from Indian Instiute of Technology Dehli. He served as a Research Associate at the Fitzpatrick Center for Photonics, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA (Jun2006 - May 2008) and at Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA (May 2008 - Nov 2010). His journey with the department of Biomedical Enginnering at IIT Hyderabad began in 2010 from Assistant Professor to Professor and Head of the deartment.
Prof Renu is a Co-Founder and Head of Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship (CfHE) at IIT Hyderabad which was established in 2016 with an objective to catalyze healthcare innovation with a focus on affordable solutions to address healthcare needs of India.
- Murty, B S and John, Renu (2020), IIT-Hyderabad incubated start-up develops IoT-enabled, low-cost ventilator. FinancialExpress, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu (2019) IIT-H calls for entries for CfHE fellowship in healthcare sector. The Hindu Businessline, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu and IIT, Hyderabad (2019) IIT Hyderabad fabricates device for early diagnosis of heart attack. The Hindu.
- John, Renu (2019) ఐఐటీ హైదరాబాద్ స్టార్టప్కు 25 లక్షల రివార్డు. Namaste Telengana, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu (2019) IIT Hyderabad Startup Wins Rs. 25 Lakh Funding At Innovation Challenge. NDTV, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu (2019) IIT Hyderabad incubated startup, BeAble, wins Rs 25 lakh in funding. Economic Times, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu (2019) IIT-Hyderabad health startup wins Rs 25 lakh grant. Times of India, Hyderabad.
- John, Renu (2019) Startup incubated in IIT-Hyderabad wins Rs 25 lakh. The New Indian Express, Hyderabad.
- Pareddy, Pratyusha and John, Renu (2018) IIT-Hyderabad entrepreneur bags TiE-BIRAC award. Telangana Today, Hyderabad.